September 23, 2019
Mac Connect EOL Notice
Qwizdom Connect for Mac has now been officially discontinued.
As Apple have announced that macOS 10.14 will be the latest version of macOS to support 32-bit applications, this means that any of our customers currently using Mac Connect will no longer be able to use it after upgrading to macOS 10.15 Catalina, and we will not be providing an update to support it.
In order to allow our customers to continue working with their Connect Content, after upgrading to macOS 10.15, we suggest installing "OKTOPUS with Actionpoint Suite". Download from https://qwizdomoktopus.com/downloads
- OKTOPUS is a content creation tool designed for flatpanels and interactive whiteboards, but can equally be used on desktop and laptop Mac computers.
- OKTOPUS supports similar content creation such as annotations, text, images, shapes, and lines.
- OKTOPUS can import QAP files and will also support question/answer slides, which means you can continue to use it for polling and as an SRS platform.
- We will be making further development efforts in the near future to help support Mac Connect users as they transition to OKTOPUS.
- In order to deliver our promise of being able to use the remotes "free for life" after purchase, OKTOPUS can be activated when the Qwizdom USB host is plugged in. If disconnected during use, the software will prompt you to plug it back in again. This includes access to the Standard Tools (annotation tools) and presentation functionality.
- It is also possible to upgrade to a full education version of OKTOPUS containing additional Math, Language Arts, Geography, and Science toolsets for a reduced cost of $129 USD. More information at https://qwizdomoktopus.com/upgrade/
- The PC version of Connect will continue to be available and supports the latest Windows OS.
- Mac Connect users can continue to use the Qwizdom Actionpoint plugin with Microsoft Office for Mac, which will be converted to 64-bit.